01 October 2010

Bringing in the field corn


After many long days at work, I left early one afternoon to enjoy the autumn weather (oh, and run some much needed errands).  I saw this farmer bringing in the field corn.  I usually miss the actual combine in action, so of course I stopped by to watch!


I'm sure this guy saw me leaning against my parked car with a camera, as he turned the corner to go back down the row.  I can only imagine what he was thinking - um, why is that woman taking pictures of this?  I just love seeing harvest time, the final result of all that hard work and patience.


He continued on his merry way.

Since I do not have a farm and I thought it might be rude to interrupt this nice man's good work, I couldn't get any more up close photos.  However, if you are interested in the whole process, please visit Suzanne at Window on the Prairie. She does a fantastic job of showing you the ropes...and her whole site has such lovely photos!


M.E.

5 comments:

nanny said...

Great pictures....I feel like people wonder what I am doing sometimes too.....
We need a sign...."blogger" don't pay any attention to me/ha

MarieElizabeth said...

That would be great! Could have used one another day when I was taking fountain photos.

SouthernSass said...

My husband swears that one day someone in our neighborhood is going to call the police on me because I frequently walk around the neighborhood taking pictures! Great shots of the combine - and I probably would have been the crazy one waving him down to stop so that I could get close-ups! LOL...

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

There's nothing more fun than watching someone else work , especially an expert in his field! (pun intended). And snch a nice day too.

Misty DawnS said...

We used to combine corn and wheat for the farm in Ohio. Now that we are in Missouri, the only crop we grow is hay.