21 October 2010

Accenting the autumn colors


As I went along the river the other morning, the sun had come up just enough to shine on the beautiful colors of the trees on the west bank.  I also love that under the fog you can start to see the reflection in the water.


Here one man is enjoying a quiet morning on the river.  I think he was actually startled to see me along the riverbanks.  There are probably only die-hard runners and folks in the water normally at that time of the morning. 




Linking to You Capture Photo Challenge - Orange  








This may be the last good weekend for autumn color.  
I'll see if I can catch anything else along my travels!

M.E.

12 comments:

Kala said...

Beautiful reflections in the first image.

justine said...

these colours are so beautiful, absolutely lovely, I can just imagine it being a wonderful calm and relaxing place.

Evelyn said...

Great capture - beautiful colours.

Kelli said...

I love the first photo, the mist over the water is beautiful.

Jan n Jer said...

Great shots, love the fog rising from the water. I need to get out to my local park,,the trees are peak now.

Carrie said...

Beautiful lake and trees! So peaceful.

Ashley Sisk said...

I love fall and I love these colors and photos.

jdmsmith said...

Your photos are gorgeous!!! LOVE THEM ALL! Great job!

Whimsical Creations said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!

Wendy said...

The fog looks so lovely on the river!

lisaschaos said...

Perfect! I love the tree colors and the little fog sitting on the water. Love the canoeist too. :)

sdwaard said...

I love the effect of the fog rolling off the water. Gorgeous shots!