14 August 2010

SOOC Sunday


I was headed into a park when I saw a few fallen logs near the entrance to a tree lined path.  It seems I find the most interesting things when I am out looking for something else altogether.  It makes it fun!

I thought the new growth of white on the dead wood was beautiful, not only for the fungus itself, but for the idea of a whole new life coming from and old one.

I'm also happy it photographed so nicely.  I might try it in straight B&W another day to compare.  For more SOCC Sunday photos, please click on the link.

 M.E.

9 comments:

Jan said...

Great capture of the fungus. It's good you keep your eyes open for all the possibilities.

Christina, Sweden said...

great textures and yours as well as mine turned out almost B&W although it's otherwise quite green outside..... I thought of trying that another morning

Self Sagacity said...

That's interesting that it's so clean and white. It is a rare capture and I am glad you've share with us today. From SOOC.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Interesting new growth indeed! Intriguing shapes!

Janneke said...

Wauw what a great shot!
Like the white color of it!

Janneke

Discovery School at First Baptist Heath said...

Love this.. and I am in the midwest also.. Great capture

Ewa said...

There is so many things there to capture, nice!

Kim, USA said...

Great shot indeed! It would be nice in black and white too. Happy Sunday!
Sweet Cantaloupe

EG CameraGirl said...

Serendipity is the BEST, I think. Love the idea of the old coming out of the new. :)