27 September 2011

Much too soon


A little over a week ago, my friend N. and I headed to Maryland to visit our sick friend. The plan was to help get the house ready so when she came hone from the hospital she would be comfortable. Unfortunately, by the time we reached Baltimore, she had been admitted to the University of Maryland Medical Center MICU.

We were able to see her and talk to her, but she was sedated to help with the breathing tube. I know she understood we were there, what we were telling her and that everyone loved her very much. She was able to understand and respond to basic commands, so we know she was truly with us in spirit. I was very grateful we had the time to be with her, because the next day she succumb to the complications of her illness.

I spent a lot of that weekend reminding myself there is a plan, there is a reason. I'm still looking for a little light into what that plan might be...
 This weekend many of those who loved her got together to tell stories, share memories, and make new friends. The group is made up of folks from different parts of the country, but the one thing we all had in common was our friend. She would constantly keep each of us updated with the others' lives, even when we didn't really know the other people. It was just important to her that everyone become part of one big unit, and this weekend we did just that.

We went to a local tavern in her hometown and had a toast to her 
as well as a fried bologna sandwich, their signature dish!


And just so we knew she was really with us that day, 
here was the sunset she sent us on the way home Saturday.
















M.E.

7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i am terribly sorry. but what a wonderful send-off you and her friends (and now your friends) gave her!!!

mountain mama said...

love the sunset :)

sorry about your loss :( but you are right! God always has a plan!

Anonymous said...

I so very sorry, Marie... God bless her, her family and friends! =)

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

Thanks for sharing photos of a sad time in your life. I'm glad you were able to see her before she died. There is a plan in life and sometimes we don't like it but God has a reason for it. Hugs and prayers!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you were able to see her first.

Laura said...

I am so sorry for your loss, that is so hard. But I love how you celebrated your friend.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your friend.