12 September 2011

Matthew 11:28

Matthew 11:28



This is all I could think of today.

A friend of mine has be diagnosed with a terrible disease
she has young children and a wonderful husband
she's one of the hardest working people I know
and not just at work, but in church and community
she's the girl scout cookie Mom
and the donuts and coffee after church lady

I want the doctors to be wrong, some how
to say there's a quick fix or a better outcome
It shouldn't be about how I feel about it
but today it is, a little

Mostly, I want to support her and the family
so they can rest and reflect
so the days today are better each day
while we can do as much as we can
and pray for a miracle through the doctors' hands

Well, I'm open to pretty much any kind that comes her way!

M.E.

Joining:


12 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i am sorry for your friend and her family to be facing her disease. and i'm sorry for the angst you're feeling for them.

your image, however, is so beautiful and peaceful...

Anonymous said...

He knows. Be at peace, He is there in their midst.

m.b.

forgetmenot said...

I am so sorry about your friend--it is so difficult to understand these kind of things. Your Bible verse is the best place to go for comfort and peace. I will keep all of you in my prayers. Your photo is lovely. Mickie :)

Shanda said...

I am so sorry for your friend and am lifting up a prayer for her as I write. I also pray that you will be whatever she needs in a friend right now.

mountain mama said...

ugh...will be praying.

God is a good God! :)

Jan n Jer said...

Such sad news...prayers will give peace. That shot n verse are very peaceful!

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

It is an interesting balance, to support your friend while feeling your own loss. I just prayed for you both.

Fondly,
Glenda

Laura said...

So scary for your friend's family! I prayed for them. And I love that you want to support them practically right now so they can handle their lives with help. You're a great friend.

Anonymous said...

We will certainly be sending thoughts and prayers her way. I'm very sorry to hear this.

Unknown said...

I'm so, so sorry. Things are so hard when they happen and we just cannot understand.

My prayer is that you would continually press into the Lord for your rest, for your strength, for your uplifting. And praying for a miracle of healing, too.

Cedar said...

This photo and verse was exactly what I needed today.

I am sorry for what is happening with your friend and pray God will give a miracle.

Inger-M said...

So sorry to hear about your's and your friend's distress. I pray that all of you will find the strength that you need to get through this. And you know, miracles do happen!