26 July 2011

Barn Spotting

I had to travel out of town last week for work, so I took my camera along for the ride.  I was out in the land of corn and soy beans.  Quite honestly, with the amount of rain we had late into the spring, I wasn't sure how the farms would look.  They were beautiful and green!  Kind of strange to see that much green this late in July.  It was also a little foggy most of the morning.  The new header photo was taken last week as well.

These are two similar photos of the same barn with some color play by me.  The first one has the PW sunshine action applied and the seond one has a photoshop vintage action applied.  I like both for different reasons.  The color one shows neat contrast of the peeling barn with the new tractors.  The vintage one kind of smooths it all out to one "days gone by"feeling.


More great barns with Bluff Area Daily Barn Charm.

11 comments:

Tanya Breese said...

i love both versions!

Jen at Cabin Fever said...

Oh I like the vintage looking one! :) Looks almost straight out of the dust bowl.

Beth said...

I like the long length of this one.
The second photo is cool with the vintage look, but I'm a color-person so I'm attracted to all that green and the colors of the eqipment. :>)

Misty DawnS said...

Awesome photos! I really like the first one!
Hubs has been making hay in this heat in a a tractor with no air. ugh!

Anonymous said...

WoW! They're both great, but I love the 2nd one... that "days gone by" look is just awesome! Great header shot, too.

Thank you for joining in & linking up to Barn Charm =)

Lesley said...

I like the shades of the first one with the yellow and green of the tractors complemented in the grass and the red tractor balanced out with the the barn equipment off on the far side. very nice header, too!

Rose said...

I like both versions of that long, low barn. The tractors look like they are ready to head out to work...almost like they are lined up for a race.

Ms. Becky said...

Hi MarieElizabeth, it's nice to meet you. I love your name. and your photos of these barns. the color one is fabulous, both actually. happy Tuesday.

betty-NZ said...

I like them both, too. They each have wonderful qualities. Great job.

Jill Wellington said...

I am getting such an education on barns while touring Tricia's Barn Charm for the first time. This is a unique barn! Great photo.

Carole said...

That is one long barn. Looks like the dairy buildings that dot our landscape.

NoteworthyMusings