15 December 2011
No snow yet in my neck of the woods, but I still think winter sunrises are amazing. Here you can see the bright orange trying to push the clouds away and take over the sky. It didn't last as long as we would have liked, but made for a great morning commute.
Bits O' my week:
- I wanted to get a specialty coffee the other day and hit one of the local coffee shops in the early morning hours. I was about 5 steps from the register and some little chicky cut in front of me and went to order first. Now, there are many unwritten rules in life, and cutting someone off before morning coffee (especially a non-morning person) is what's known in my world as a "poor choice maker". In the wrong place and time you could be putting yourself in harm's way. I let it go, she ordered her medium drink and went to wait for it. This is where karma steps in and kicks her to the curb, I had a cheap coffee deal that was being offered by the coffee shop, all you had to do was show them the coupon on your phone. So she was in line first, but I paid less than half for the same drink.
- We had our holiday pot luck lunch today at work. I think next year we should rename it "Crock-pot Fest". So many delicious hot items! 3 kinds of green beans, corn souffle, only 2 kinds of meatballs this year (we've had as many as 4 different in a year), homemade chicken and noodles, homemade pizza bread, and of course desserts. One of the most darling were these individually wrapped mini-pecan pies. So cute - see?
- I have candlestick lights lining the walkway to my front door. They use the old school screw in light bulbs that you used to be able to buy everywhere and in a range of colors. Apparently now they are out of fashion and I cannot locate replacement bulbs to save my life! So a few of my candles along the walk appear to be different colors (the paint has chipped off in the weather). For the rest of the season I will be scanning every store in hopes of finding these bulbs - and if I do I'm stocking up!
- I took my car in for a regular maintenance trip and the guys there actually seemed a little annoyed that it was in such good condition and they couldn't even try to sell me anything I didn't need. Good times.
- It has rained so much where I live that we a .8 of an inch shy of the wettest year on record! And we're expecting more rain next week - I'd say we have that in the bag. Now, if we could not repeat that for another 30 years, I'd appreciate it.
Bring on Friday!
Posted by MarieElizabeth