04 January 2011

Homemade almond brittle


Suzanne over at You Made That? provided this wonderful peanut brittle recipe...no candy thermometer needed!  I improvised to almonds - because the store didn't have any raw peanuts on hand.  It was marvelous.

I like to bake, but usually avoid candy recipes because they can be a bit involved.  This one was a snap.  Although, it does take a few minutes to get to the right consistency and color.  My hands were happy when I reached the point to stop stirring.


Here I poured it on the pam-covered tray to cool.  When I was finished I broke it into pieces and put it in a air tight container.  To be honest, not much of it made it to day 2!


If you like peanut or almond brittle, you'll love this.  Easy, tasty, light, and something I'll be making again soon.  Some day I will cook in the daylight hours to get better photos, in the meantime you'll just have to believe me when I tell ya how yummy this is!


M.E.

3 comments:

Mddygrl said...

MMMM...Hope you brought some in to share with your co-workers! :) Looks yummy!

Inger-M said...

Wow, that looks good!

Shirley said...

Looks yummy!! I need to check out the recipe.