23 October 2011

Purpose


"To every thing there is a season,
and a time for every purpose under heaven."
-Ecclesiastes 3:1

I love living in a part of the country with distinct seasons.  It's like getting a new chance to have a better season every couple of months.  This autumn I have noticed more yellows and oranges, but less reds on the trees.  I'm sure it is related to the differences in weather this summer, more rain, wind patterns, etc.  What I see though, is individual gifts, continuously new views, and a reminder that every thing has its time.

A reminder for me, through these bumpy past couple of months, that there is a plan and a purpose for everything.  I continue to seek and listen for the answers.

M.E.






10 comments:

Maryvel Friesen said...

Such a nice verse! It is so funny because I just about used it on my picture as well! LOL!! Blessings to you!

justine said...

love this great autumnal shot and wonderful words.

Inger-M said...

So true, thanks for the reminder. And thanks for sharing that lovely photo!

Jan n Jer said...

Beautiful!!!

Laura said...

we've noticed less reds here in WI, too! glad I'm not alone in that...

julandmatt said...

Beautiful picture.
I love living in my state too. Different climate changes are fun - from clothing changes to food changes. Keeps everything fresh.
Julie

mountain mama said...

amen girl, me too! wait patiently for the next step! :)

redemptionsbeauty said...

Lovely shot of those beautiful autumn colors. Thanks for stopping by my place tonight!

Diana said...

beautiful photo! I too have had several bumpy months and am listening and waiting. I will keep you in my prayers. He is faithful!!!! Have a wonderful week.

Pain to Purpose said...

I loved your post. Here in San Diego, it stays about 70 degrees year round and the palm trees don't change color so I'm taking in your Autumn via blogpost!! A couple years ago we were stationed in Rhode Island and arrived in September. It was bliss. I had never seen anything like that before. Hands down one of my favorite memories (and then winter started...)

Thanks for your blog visit and comment. God is moving!
Carrie