25 May 2011

All 4 Seasons!

Finally!  I got around to adjusting the photos from the park scene I've taken over the last year. 

I have not altered them heavily, most of it is cropping to get them similarly centered.  You'll notice the first shot (summer 2010) was taken a bit further down the lane and aimed downward more than the others.  Truthfully, I had no idea what I was doing and just shot a bunch of photos and hoped for the best.

July 2010
The first three in the series were taken between 5:30-6:30 in the evening, with the sun coming in from the left of the frame.  Part of the reason was because I read a book early that talked about early morning and later afternoon (dusk) lighting.  However, the practical part involved the fact that I couldn't get away from work and to this park until dinner time!

October 2010

You can see that starting with the autumn shot, I stepped a little further back.  Actually, there is a tree to my left and I lean right up against it for balance, and so that I knew exactly where to stand for the rest of them.

January 2011
This might be my favorite.  This is when I first noticed the bridge.  When I went back for the spring photo, I explored that direction.  The bridge leads to a nice platform overlooking the river and some of the falls.

If you see this as your Christmas card this winter, act surprised.

April 2011
As you can tell by the bright light and higher shadows, this one was taken earlier in the afternoon, about 4:00.  It was one of a handful of days with sun and no pouring rain in the last 6 weeks.  I took the shot even though I knew it would be slightly different. It was that or potentially lose any chance at a spring photo for another year - and that was NOT and option.  You can still barely make out the bridge, a nice little fence line in the back, and the blue of the sky completely makes this photo for me.

I plan on printing these as 5x7's and then framing them together.  I'm not sure if it will end up in my house or my office.  Heaven knows I could use a little more zen there these days!

I hope you enjoyed my project.  I have to admit, I want a re-do on the summer one to make it match a little better.  I won't though, because it reminds me of my continued learning curve.  Now I need to find another place to try this four season project this year. 

M.E.

8 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

ooh. get one of those frames that has mats for 4 5x7 photos in it. that would look great!

Elise Ann Wormuth said...

It would make a great . . . what's the 4 equivalent of a tryptich? :)

Anonymous said...

snow just makes absolutely everything look beautiful. i think they would all look great hanging next to each other on the wall.

Inger-M said...

GREAT series! I've been waiting for it since you posted the first two, and it came out so beautiful! Well done!

Kala said...

This is a wonderful series and inspires me to try something similar. The 4 photos together on a wall is a terrific idea.

Jen at Cabin Fever said...

I've always wanted to do something like this and get an all four seasons photos of the same location! ...someday. lol

julee said...

Love this. I did this with a beautiful tree in the parking lot of work. I loved the memory. Your pictures are just wonderful.

beth said...

i love this and should try it myself :)