26 July 2010

Pistacia Vera


This fabulous sweet shop was a recommendation from my cousin. When I was out trying to take artistic photos one afternoon, my cousin, one of the actual artists in my family strongly suggested I go check this out. First, he lives nearby so he's up with the great stuff in the neighborhood. Second, he runs, A LOT, and snags some treats on his way home some mornings, and Third, he understands my love of tea and biscuits.


They have a good assortment of cookies, cakes, biscuits, and candy. They also have a gluten-free menu, which I have been seeking out as a friend of mine is new to that eating/cooking style.


The have a small eating area inside and these lovely tables outside. There were a few patrons inside on the day I stopped by, so I didn't want to intrude and take photos. Okay, I wanted to, but I chose to let them have their tea time in peace.


I purchased this little gift box. It has both caramels with cashews and nougat with pistachios. Seriously, I could not have picked a better treat. I would also like to point out that I did not eat them all at once, but certainly would have liked to do just that!

If you're not up for a roadtrip to one these shops, good news! They deliver. Happy tea time!

M.E.

No comments: